Saturday, June 10, 2001
Church Dedication Photos
Click here to read about the new church!
Pilka - In January, money was given for a new house church in Krasna
Pilka where a congregation has been worshipping for over 100 years in a
building that was, also, that old. The
ceiling was literally coming down on them!
A house with a lot of land was purchased down the street from the old
one. There are many flowers, a
place for a garden and an orchard of cherry and apple trees.
The land slopes down to a lake and is quite beautiful.
With the original money, a wall was knocked down making a big room for
worship, new wallpaper and curtains were hung and everything was cleaned and
painted. The dedication was held
Saturday, June 10 at 10:00 on the only sunny morning this week.
Buddy and Janada premiered their first song sung in Russian here.
Approximately $1000 will provide for the gas line to be brought from the
street to the house so that a better heating system can be installed before
winter. (There is an old wood
stove.) The foundation and steps need a little concrete repair.
God seems to be opening many doors for the region pastor in this area and maybe He wants Ukraine Challenge teams to go there to serve with this pastor.
Return to Photo Album Menu